While doing some research a few years back I got my mitts on a copy of Organic Housekeeping. This book was recommended by a friend, and was well worth the money. GREAT insight and ideas that should have been a no-brainer! One of the money saving tips was to use cloth rather than paper napkins, and this idea turned out to be easier than expected.
The reason I bring it up is because another friend said she saw it at my house and thought it was a great idea - that I just have a basket full of unironed cloth napkins for use. OOPS. Was I supposed to iron those? I don't think that was in the book.
What I did: purchased a stack of cheap solid color cloth napkins on clearance, fold them, and stick them in a bread basket. I wash and fold them with my kitchen towels.
Aside from saving money, I realized I had inadvertently taught manners when we took Moriah to a restaurant at about 3 years old and she put the napkin in her lap without direction! handy!
But don't worry, for special guests who come to our home we break out the saved paper napkins!
No comments:
Post a Comment