Here are a few things I learned recently that you may not care to know.
- Foster Farms Dairy feeds their chickens solely corn and soybean meal. (bummer)
- Oats are cross contaminated with gluten due to sharing the conveyor belt with wheat.
- NO chicken has hormones; it is illegal in the US.
- When buying ground meats, there is no cross contamination between meats when buying poultry due to FDA laws. However, the machinery may not be cleaned between grinding meats such as beef and pork.
- Just for fun, here is the link to those lists of insect parts, etc that the FDA allows in your packaged foods: FDA food defect list
Ummmm am I going to be COMPLETELY discusted if I read that list of insect parts???? Just in case I am skipping sorry you had to endure that! <3
ReplyDeletehehe. You might be disgusted. Somethings are just better not knowing. Depends on what you want to know!
ReplyDeleteI've been shopping for chicken coops...Hoping one day soon to start raising my own egg laying hens...just need to get hubby on board.
ReplyDelete